Fox - S-S-S-Single Bed
Description or Lyrics and Chords
Eight artists listed under the name "FOX".
1) British rock band
2) Psychedelic classic rock
3) Simon Fox
4) Japanese band
5) Australian rock band
6) Polarbeers and Insect Kin member
7) Russian IDM artist
8) American EDM artist
9) Serbian rap/trap artist
1) First are a popular british-based rock band led by Kenny Young (composer of the song Under the Boardwalk) and Australian singer Noosha Fox (real name Susan Traynor).
Early demos of the popular band's music were recorded by vocalist Clodagh Rodgers before Young put the band together.
The first eponymous album was released in 1975 on GTO Records and contained two major UK hits "Only You Can" and "Imagine Me, Imagine You".
The follow-up album, "Tails of Illusion" moved Noosha more to the vocal background, the majority of the tracks being sung by Young. Roger Taylor of Queen added backing vocals on one of the songs.
The next album "Blue hotel" has Noosha back on vocals for all songs, but the only major hit off that album was "S-S-S-Single Bed" in August 1976. Noosha left the band right after this album and the band went separate ways to reform briefly in 1980 to release "Electro-People", which was written as the theme music for the Kenny Everett Show.
The band line-up was:
Noosha Fox - Vocals
Kenny Young - Guitar, Vocals
Herbie Armstrong - Guitar, Vocals
Jim Gannon - Lead Guitar, Vocals
Pete Solley - Keyboard, Vocals
Gary Taylor - Bass, Vocals
Jim Frank - Drums, Percussion, Vocals
After the break-up of the band, Young and Armstrong worked in the band Yellow Dog, Armstrong worked with Van Morrison and Solley became a member of Whitesnake. Noosha tried to launch a solo career but with only limited success.
Two compilations have been issued "Only You Can" in 1996 and "The Very Best of Fox" in 1998.
2) Second is little-known psychedelic classic rock group with only one release to their name, recorded in 1970.
3) Currently, FOX is the working name of Birmingham-based musician, SIMON FOX
"The First Rule Of Comedy" by Lonesome Fox (e.p. - 2007)
"Fruit" by Fox (single - 2009)
"Everything Is For The Best" by World Of Fox (album - 2009)
"Skip More School" (split single, including Fox - 2009)
A prolific and committed independent musician, SIMON FOX was formerly leader of Birmingham’s post-rock pioneers, GROVER . Between 1993-2003, Grover released a host of albums, singles and split releases on independent labels around the world. Broadcasts on BBC Radio1 (including a Peel Session in 2001), plus airtime on a variety of independent stations in Europe and the USA, helped Grover build a dedicated international fan-base and influence the UK post-rock scene.
Since then, Simon has quietened down, trading sweeping guitar theatrics for more intimate, acoustic-led songwriting. The new songs, performed under the moniker FOX, show a more personal, reflective side, with deceptively rich arrangements, a disarming wit and a flair for creating intimate moods. Recordings feature Simon playing a wide variety of instruments, including guitars, banjo, percussion, keyboards, theremin, mandolin, even occasional brass and woodwind.
As well as performing solo, Simon can often be seen/heard collaborating with other artists. Most notably, he is one half of electronica duo KRAFLA, was a founder member of the EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC COLLECTIVE, recorded and gigged an album with CLAIR HORTON, is currently working with JAMES SUMMERFIELD and is a regular guest DJ for the GRUMPY MAN DJs.
Tracks can be downloaded at WORLD OF FOX, the offical website, www.worldoffox.com.
4) Another band called Fox is on a 1997 Japanese compiliation Childish Soup with the song "My Pet Pomeranian." Released an album in May 2000 called "Nu-batik". Has had airplay on WFMU.
5) Australian rock band who released one album in 1974 titled "What The Hell Is Going On?" One or two members later joined Mondo Rock
6) Polarbeers' guitarist, singer and main composer, and Insect Kin's bass player.
7) Russian IDM producer.
8) American dark EDM producer, released "Forest" in 2012 with 4 tracks.
9) Serbian rap/trap artist Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.
Find Tabs + Chords
Simply copy the artist name and song
Fox - S-S-S-Single Bedand paste it into the searchbar!
(Opens in a new window!)
Latest pop news!